Friday, July 2, 2010

GOING AWAY PARTY (Squared)

Being that it is my last week, I’m trying to use all the time I can to the best of my ability to not only get work done, but to say good bye to friends and co-workers. However, ODU in a gesture to really make me stay went to extreme measures and booted my car! Aside from the fact that I had quite a few unpaid parking tickets, I thought the gesture was heartfelt.

Thursday, June 10 – Going Away Party on Campus – So, I came back from hanging out with parking folks and went to my awesome going-away party that Barbara Aultman had planned for me. The AWESOME part was that there was food from South Africa, Germany, Spain and other countries; plus, they had flags of different countries hung all around the room and there was a video screen with a picture slide show and of course, the best part was celebrating with all my co-workers and students from ODU. It is sad for me to leave but to celebrate the next phase of my life and to do it with the people I’ve enjoyed working for/with was the best part. Thank you Barbra and the OSAL staff for a wonderful going away party!!

Still, the thought of leaving was the last thing on my mind…

Friday, June 11 – My Last Day of Work – Still not getting everything done, but I was not ready to give up. At this point, I started to focus on trying to make sure I did what I could do, but it sucks! The day ended and my office was unpacked, my to-do list was not done at all, but it was 5PM and Kiger had a going away “Yard Bash” planned for me, so I made a few errands and arrived late to my own party…sad story!



Other than the awesome band that performed at the party – Parker and the Larchmont Trash – the highlight was that Kate Gannon worked diligently to make these shirts with my face on it. I thought they were kidding, but when I saw them I was totally caught off-guard but I wanted one. I must say, it was very flattering to see everyone wearing the shirts with my face. The whole party was AWESOME!

I thought the Thursday party was pretty cool, but it was so much fun to hang out with all my co-workers and my friends from the area. I drank with Sharoyn Baker and Debbie Bousman…that’s all I gotta say!

Then, my parents who were in route to help me move that weekend came to the party, which was pretty sweet and again Kiger and the OSAL TEAM (Grads Included), THANK YOU VERY MUCH for not only a wonderful party, but the wonderful three years at ODU!

Still, I was not thinking about leaving Norfolk and ODU…

No comments:

Post a Comment